Nuna Pipa Car Seat vs. UPPAbaby Mesa Car Seat
Parents are discovering that the Nuna Pipa and 2015 UPPAbaby Mesa car seat both rise to the top of their list, and we know new moms and dads may spend quite a bit of time comparing these two seats.
Both at the $300-ish price point, the Pipa car seat and Mesa car seat both have advanced design and safety technologies that don't just meet the minimum crash testing results, but often exceed many of the minimum requirements.
Also, unlike less expensive seats, both these premium car seats have features that make installation much easier and quicker, as well as ease of use every day and greater comfort for baby.
NUNA PIPA OVERVIEW
- Extremely lightweight at 8.8 pounds.
- Compatibility with more strollers -- the Pipa usually can mount on adapters designed for Maxi Cosi car seats. Because many premium and popular strollers have adapters for Maxi Cosi, this means that the Nuna Pipa can work as a travel system on numerous strollers.
- Load Leg -- the concept of a load leg is more common in Europe, where the Nuna Pipa was designed. The Load Leg on the base adjusts down to the floor of the vehicle, where it provides greater stability in the event of a forward collision
- Rigid LATCH -- by having a rigid LATCH attachment to your vehicle, it lets parents click the base into position in a single simple motion. Because the rigid LATCH system does not have straps to adjust like other seats, it may not fit perfectly into all vehicles - we know many BMW and Range Rover models cannot securely fit a Nuna Pipa.
- Dream Canopy -- even though it's just a little bit more fabric, the Nuna Pipa's Dream Drape gives ultimate privacy, shade, and protection compared to other car seats.
- SEE MORE PIPA DETAILS
UPPABABY MESA OVERVIEW
- SmartSecure installation -- the Mesa base installs quickly and easily in just about every vehicle we've tested. Once attaching the LATCH connectors, a parent just needs to push down on the base. The base has an automatic ratcheting system that tightens the LATCH connectors while simply pressing down on the base until the red indicator turns green - for the ideal tightness.
- 2015 version Mesa car seat is lighter weight at 10 pounds; compared to many other seats.
- No-rethread harness -- because the UPPAbaby Mesa has a harness adjusting system that is all integrated into a single action; when it comes time to raise the height of the shoulder straps and headrest; it only takes a couple of seconds -- no need to pull the straps out of the frame and re-thread.
- Premium travel system -- UPPAbaby Mesa fits directly on the Vista or Cruz strollers without needing extra adapters. The Mesa is also compatible with Baby Jogger strollers' optional adapter.
- SEE MORE MESA DETAILS
NUNA PIPA INFANT SEAT
UPPABABY MESA INFANT SEAT
|Seat weight: 8.8 lbs
Usage: 4 - 32 lbs
|Seat weight: 10 lbs
Usage: 4 - 35 lbs
- Category Name: News